A lot more people are interested in where the ingredients in their foods and supplements come from, or where they are sourced. Geritol® liquid contains one mineral, iron, whereas there are 12 minerals in Geritol® multivitamin including:
- Iron (16mg) – Sourced from Carbonyl Iron FCC
- Phosphorus (118mg) – Sourced from Calcium Phosphate USP
- Iodine (120mcg) Potassium Iodide USP
- Magnesium (86mg) – Sourced from Magnesium Oxide USP
- Zinc (13.5mg) – Sourced from Zinc Oxide USP
- Copper (1.8mg) – Sourced from Cupric Oxide
- Manganese (2.4mg) – Sourced from Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate
- Chromium (12mcg) – Sourced from Chromium Chloride Hexahydrate
- Molybdenum (1mcg) – Sodium Molybdate Dihydrate
- Selenium (1mcg) – Sourced from Sodium Selenate
- Chloride (20mg) – From various sources as chloride salts of other minerals Potassium Chloride primarily.
- Potassium (36mg) – Sourced from Potassium Iodide USP, Potassium Chloride USP
The minerals in both Geritol® products are derived from mineral salts, with the exception of iron. Iron is supplied in its purest form, called carbonyl iron. Some of the inorganic salts used are potassium iodide (iodine), sodium metavanadate (valadium), and magnesium oxide.